Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 1

So, I am finally in morocco! I am sitting at the hotel with a stupid computer that has all the keys in wrong order. Stupid french keyboard thingy!

So Ive had a long day. So, my first view of france was the french countryside with white homes topped with dark blue roofs. It was soo beautiful but really barren. Morocco was the same way, but much greener like Ireland.

They lost my bags, or more accurately they are on the other flight that I would have had to have taken if I had missed the first one. Apparently I beat the bags to the plane. So now I cant pick them up until tomorrow because the train does not run after 11 and I am not going to pay that much for a taxi.

The language barrier is very unhelpful while traveling. I had to run through the Paris airport and I was soo rushed I could only remember two french words. So merci and pardon were my guides for the trip, which made a lot of the French anger. No one said anything but I was tactfully ignored on the plane for 30 minutes as I rang the help bell for a drink of water. Darn people! I was trying but I just couldnt think on that little of sleep.

Interesting stories - one lady got kicked off the plane and detained in Paris after she threw a hissy fit when the crew wouldnt let her go to the restroom during our descent. At least, that is the just of it. It was in French, but I am a good easedropper and the guy next to me was explaining it to another person. hehe

You'll love this one dad. I met an interesting person on the train who talked to me in English after trying in Arabic and then French. We talked politics and the present state of the American persona in the Middle East. When he left he gave me his number and said if I needed anything in Casablanca I should call. Haha.... Not an hour into Morocco and Im getting numbers. Dont worry dad - Im waiting for the 3 camels (and to those who dont get my dad and our sense of humor - this is not a racist comments just and inside joke). I also got a guy who told me I was "a beautiful Western woman" when I went into a shop to buy a soda. Gosh this is funny.

More to come soon but I need to let Cameron use the computer.....

Until next time - Au Revior!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got there safely! Sounds like you are having crazy adventures already :) I hope that your luggage cataches up to you soon - it is going to be even more jet-lagged than you! Anyway, I am thankful for the update and glad you are having a good time! Update soon! I miss you!
    <3, MHT

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, it did, but Rachel luggage wont be here until at least monday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete