Saturday, January 17, 2009

January 17

Last night I went to a play in Arabic. It was pretty interesting not knowing what was going on. Better yet, it was an adaptation of a French play with a Moroccan feel, which made it even better! One of the main characters was a man dressed as a "Western" woman. He had balloons for boobs that kept popping on stage. It was hilarious to watch as he pulled about a hundred balloons out of his purse and tried fixing his rack. Also, the set was perfect. The house was a big fez hat and the "gentleman" was dressed as a rich saudi.

I went with a friend I met here in Morocco. His name is Azzeddine and he is a 24 year old grad student. He is Berber and speaks 4 languages. WOW I can only speak one and say a few words in some others! He is also a writer and it interested in studying religion and culture, especially America. He helped translate some of the play for us, but it was fun just watching the acting.

I forgot my camera at Mohammed Bennis' house on Wednesday and I am still running around from person to person trying to get it back. I know it was found and I know it is safe, but people keep passing it around and I keep missing it. I called bennis (well leila called him because he only speaks Durizian) and he said to call back later, but when I did he had already given it to someone at AILF. So now I am waiting until AILF to open at 3 so I can get it back. N shAhela! If God wills it!

Tonight I go to one of Leila's friends house for a visit. It is an honor to be invited over as a stranger in this culture, so I cant wait! Tomorrow we go to the hamaam once again!

I only have one week left with my family and less than two weeks till I fly home. I hope the time goes by slowly. I don't want to leave just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment