Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kooli!!!!

Breakfast: homemade strawberry jelly spread on warm bread out of the oven, nutella type stuff, lots of tea, coffee, avocado juice, and cheese. YUM YUM

Lunch: some sort of communal dish with meat and beans or potatoes, lots of homemade bread and jelly, salad, and tea

Dinner: pasta with bread

After every meal we have tea and tangerines. LOTS of tangerines. I am surprised I have no canker sores being that I eat at least 5 a day. YUMMY!
The communal dish doesnt gross me out too badly anymore. We have our own "sides" of the dish that we stick to, so its not too bad. They all drink out of one cup, which I dont do, but they dont seem to mind. The food is l'dit! Delicious! She is the best cook I have ever met and I can't get enough! There went the diet.
Luckily I get enough exercise walking 30 minutes back and forth to school. I make at least 4 trips a day, so its good. And I have to walk fast because of the dumb boys, so its almost like powerwalking. hahaha.

Anna will be living with me after all. The girl she was living with decided to move in with a couple of other girls and Anna is moving in with me. She loves the family and they love her, so it all works out.

Leila is sooo sweet. She called me her daughter today and I cant help but giving her huge hugs whenever I see her. Ryan is my "teacher" because he quizzes me at night and teases me about my pronunciation - probably because I kick his butt at cards. hehe. Abdul Ali is learning more English at night too, when they test him after testing me. He is doing great.

The stupid boys keep cat calling and I had one follow me to school today. I told Leila about it and she gave me a ring to wear on my left hand so they wouldn't bother me. She also told me to say "seer bHaalk" which means go away.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm...all of your meals sound tasty :)
    I hope your language lessons keep going well, the best way to learn is my being immersed like you are. Are you learning more Arabic or French?
    Your host family sounds so nice, I am glad you are having such a great time with them!
    Silly boys...Miss Bry is far out of your league! :)I hope that they leave you alone.
    I love your pictures; the one of the building is particularly beautiful.
    Miss you! <3 MH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning derizian, which is moroccan arabic, but many many people speak french.

    ReplyDelete