Friday, January 23, 2009

Last day in Fes

This is my final day in the home of my family that I love so much. I feel as if I am going to lose a part of me when I get on that train. I hate to say it, but it hurts worse to leave here than it did to leave home. I will miss the people, the fun "Muzziene" teacher, the long walk to school, the call to pray outside my window, the late night tongue twisters, the cards games, the jokes of Rayan, and everything else that makes this place wonderful.
I will be in Morocco for 5 days after I leave for home, but I still feel sad leaving my wonderful family and life Ive created here in one short month.
I will count the days till I return.....

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you have to leave such an amazing place, but glad that you will be returning to us soon! Did you get to see the inauguration? I guess it must have been so interesting to see everything from a foriegn perspective. I just got your postcard that you sent near the beginning of your trip (thank you!) - but I hadn't checked my mailbox in about a week, so it has probably been sitting there. Anyway, I hope that the rest of your journey is just as incredible as it sounds like this part has been, and that you have safe travels!
    <3, MH

    ReplyDelete
  2. We’re sorry your magical journey is nearing its end, but we selfishly look forward to the details of your adventures upon your return to Whittier.

    ReplyDelete