Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My final day

There is so much to write about and so little time!I will write a great deal more when I get home but for now here goes.

We spent two days in Marrakesh. We took in the sights of the medina, ate a ton of gelato, took pictures with a monkey and snakes, and saw two films in arabic and french. We also went to a dance club where I go to dance the night away with a bunch of people we met. I got back exausted but happy. I love dancing! We had a blast!!

Next we took the train to Casablanca. We met some great people on the train and we hung out with them today. Lqst night we went to a night club next to our hotel. It was a bunch of old men, a few hookers, and us dancing to salsa and arabic music. It was fun but odd. It was not as good as the club in Marrakesh. Today we walked through the medina and got lunch at a street cafe. For a dollar we got an egg sandwich and fries. I am going to miss the prices here! Then; the boys from the train called, and we all met to hang out. They walked with us through the city and showed us all the sights. I got to see many beautiful parts of Casablanca that I would never have found without the help of Amine, Mehdi, and Zouheir. We went to a cafe and I was actually able to feel comfortable going in as a woman. My whole time in Morocco, this was the first time I had sat down in a cafe. We also got some great burgers for dinner.

It was a great last night in Morocco! Now I am excited to come home. I have the butterflies in my stomach and I cannot wait to see the people I have missed. As much as I love Morocco, it is hard to know that life still goes on at home without me and that I have missed so much. Hopefully life has not changed too awful much...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a good time - i am looking forward to reading the rest of your blogs and of course seeing your pictures! I hope you are traveling safely and i can't wait to see you soon!
    <3, MH

    ReplyDelete